I went to a group activity, “Sensitivity Sunday”, which was to make us more 36 aware of the problems faced by disabled people. We were asked to “ 37 adopt a disability” for several hours one Sunday. Some members, 38 like me , chose to use wheelchairs. Others wore sound-blocking earplugs（耳塞）or blindfolds（眼罩）.
36. A. curious about B. interested in C. aware of D. careful with
37. A. cure B. prevent C. adopt D. analyze
38. A. instead B. strangely C. as usual D. like me
Just sitting in the wheelchair was a 39 learning experience. I had never considered before how 40 awkward it would be to use one. As soon as I sat down, my 41 weight made the chair begin to roll. Its wheels were not 42 locked. Then I wondered where to put my 43 feet . It took me quite a while to get the metal footrest into 44 place .
39. A. learning B. working C. satisfying D. relaxing
40. A. convenient B. awkward C. boring D. exciting
41. A. height B. force C. skill D. weight
42. A. locked B. repaired C. powered D. grasped
43. A. hands B. feet C. keys D. handles
44. A. place B. action C. play D. effect
I took my first uneasy look at what was to be my only means of 45 transportation for several hours. For disabled people, “adopting a wheelchair” is not a temporary（临时的） 46 experiment .
45. A. operation B. communication C. transportation D. production
46. A. exploration B. education C. experiment D. entertainment
I tried to find a 47 comfortable position and thought it might be restful, 48 even kind of nice, to be 49 pushed around for a while. Looking around, I 50 realized I would have to handle the thing myself? My hands started to ache as I 51 turned the heavy metal wheels. I came to know that controlling the 52 direction of the wheelchair was not going to be a(n) 53 easy task.
47. A. flexible B. safe C. starting D. comfortable
48. A. yet B. just C. still D. even
49. A. shown B. pushed C. driven D. guided
50. A. realized B. suggested C. agreed D. admitted
51. A. lifted B. turned C. pressed D. seized
52. A. path B. position C. direction D. way
53. A. easy B. heavy C. major D. extra
My wheelchair experiment was soon 54 finished. It made a deep impression on me. A few hours of “disability” gave me only a taste of the 55 challenges , both physical and mental, that disabled people must overcome.
54. A. forgotten B. repeated C. conducted D. finished
55. A. weaknesses B. challenges C. anxieties D. illnesses
36-40 CCDAB 41-45 DABAC 46-50 CDDBA 51-55 BCADB