As a general rule, all forms of activity lead to boredom when they are performed on a routine(常规)basis.
As a matter of fact, we can see this (41 principle) at work in people of all (42 ages.)
41. A. principle B. habit C. weaker D. power
42. A. parties B. races C. countries D. ages
For example, on Christmas morning, children are excited about (43 playing) with their new toys.
43. A. working B. living C. playing D. going
But their (44 interest) soon wears off and by January those (45 same) toys can be found put away in the basement.
44. A. confidence B. interest C. anxiety D. sorrow
45. A. same B. extra C. funny D. expensive
The world is full of (46 half-filled) stamp albums and unfinished models, each standing as a monument to someone’s (47 passing) interest.
46. A. well-organized B. colorfully-printed C. newly- collected D. half-filled
47. A. broad B. passing C. different D. main
When parents bring home a pet, their child (48 gladly) bathes it and brushes its fur.
48. A. silently B. impatiently C. gladly D. worriedly
Within a short time, however, the (49 burden) of caring for the animal is handed over to the parents.
49. A. promise B. burden C. right D. game
Adolescents enter high school with great (50 excitement) but are soon looking forward to (51 graduation). The same is true of the young adults going to college.
50. A. courage B. calmness C. confusion D. excitement
51. A. graduation B. independence C. responsibility D. success
And then, how many (52 adults) , who now complain (抱怨) about the long drives to work, (53 eagerly) drove for hours at a time when they first (54 obtained) their driver’s license (执照)?
52. A. children B. students C. adults D. retirees
53. A. carefully B. eagerly C. nervously D. bravely
54. A. required B.obtained C. noticed D.discovered
Before people retire, they usually (55 plan) to do a lot of (56 great) things, which they never had (57 time) to do while working.
55. A. need B. learn C. start D. plan
56. A. great B. strong C. difficult D. correct
57. A. time B. money C. skills D. knowledge
But (58 soon) after retirement, the golfing, the fishing, the reading and all of the other pastimes become as boring as the jobs they (59 left).
58. A. only B. well C. even D. soon.
59. A. lost B. chose C. left D. quit
And, like the child in January, they go searching for new (60 toys).
60. A. pets B. toys C. friends D. colleagues