Where do you go when you want to learn something? School? A friend? A tutor? These are all 41 places of learning. But it may well be that the learning you really want 42 somewhere else instead. I had the 43 of seeing this first hand on a 44 .
41.A.public B.traditional C.official D.special
42.A.passes B.works C.lies D.ends
43.A.dream B.idea C.habit D.chance
44.A.trip B.holiday C.weekend D.square
My daughter plays on a recreational soccer team. They did very well this season and so 45 a tournament, which normally was only for more skilled club teams. This led to some 46 experiences on Saturday as they played against teams 47 trained. Through the first two games, her 48 did not get on serious shot on goal. As a parent, I 49 seeing my daughter playing her best, 50 still defeated.
45.A.won B.entered C.organized D.watched
46.A.painful B. strange C. common D. practical
47.A.less B. poorly C. newly D.better
48.A.fans B.tutors C.class D.team
49.A. imagined B. hated C. avoided D.missed
50.A.if B. or C. but D. as
It seemed that something clicked with the 51 between Saturday and Sunday. When they 52 for their Sunday game, they were 53 different. They had begun to integrate (融合)the kinds of play and teamwork they had 54 the day before into their 55 .They played aggressively and 56 scored a goal.
51. A. girls B. parents C. coaches D.viewers
52. A. dressed B. showed up C. made up D. planned
53. A. slightly B. hardly C. basically D. completely
54.A. seen B. known C. heard D. read
55.A.styles B.training C.game D.rules
56. A. even B. still C. seldom D. again
It 57 me that playing against the other team was a great 58 moment for all the girls on the team. I think it is a general principle. 59 is the best teacher. The lessons they may not be 60 what they would have gotten in school, but are certainly more personal and meaningful, because they had to work them out on their own.
57. A. confused B. struck C. reminded D. warned
58. A. touching B. thinking C. Encouraging D. learning
59. A. Experience B. Independence C. Curiosity D. Interest
60.A.harmful to B.mixed with C. different from D. applied to
41. B42. C43. D44. C45. B 46. A47. D48. D49. B50. C
51. A52. B53. D54. A55. C56. A57. B58. D59. A60. C